Monday, November 10, 2008

The Sun Comes Out

Last night I had a revelation: I've been through this before and I know how to deal with it.

I also realized that I have a duty to Adam and my daughter to do my best and not give up.
Through the therapy I've already had, I've learned the tools to deal with this. I just needed to remember them and use them.

So here are my new commandments, or How to Beat Anxiety/Depression:

1. DO SOMETHING! ANYTHING! Doing nothing only makes you feel worse.
2. Read scriptures and pray every day.
3. Feelings aren't fact! Remind yourself that the bad thoughts/feelings you have aren't true. Don't believe Satan's lies.
4. Exercise.

Thanks so much for your comments, guys. I hope I didn't freak anyone out. So here's proof, courtesy of our brand-spankin' new iMac, (which I'm shocked Adam hasn't blogged about yet) that i'm feeling better.

(Please ignore the unmentionables hanging in the background.)

2 comments:

Joshua said...

ooooh an iMac! iMjealous. iThink we should iChat.

vdg family said...

Emily: If you ever need anything give me a call. You are a great mother and everyone that knows and loves you is proud of all you are doing.:) I love your pictures and descriptions.