Thursday, December 9, 2010

1(3)


I felt bad about not putting more effort into my last post (or any at all.) This blog is the closest I come to journaling or scrapbooking or any kind of family history. So I thought I'd talk about the triplets, but one by one. They are, after all, individuals with very different personalities. So ladies first.

Name: Lucy Margaret Johnson
Aliases: Lu Lu, Lucy Lu
Birth Order: Third
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Feature: Huge Cheeks
Looks Like: Grandma Giovo, Daddy, Miss Piggy
Mom Sings to Me: Oh You Beautiful Doll, Honey Pie
Named for/Inspired by: Lucy Pevensie of the Chronicles of Narnia; Lucy Mack Smith

When I first met Lucy, she looked like this:

and all she looked like to me was one of those Russian dolls. Later, she looked like this:


and all I could think of was my mother in law. No offense to my MIL, but it was a little disconcerting to gaze into my daughter's face and see . . . not me. In all honesty, of all the three, it took the longest with her to feel like she really belonged to me. But then she started to smile, and I was melted butter in her chubby little hand.

Lucy smiles all the time. She coos and gurgles and will probably be the first to laugh. (She was the first to smile.) She's the fastest eater and therefore the one we give to helpers. She also eats the most consistently.

I love how chunky she is. Elizabeth was always on the skinny side and, despite my best efforts, never fulfilled my dreams of a big fat baby. Now I have more rolls and chins than I know what to do with.

Lucy is also the strongest. Though she's small, she's very solidly built. She can hold her head up and can already flip from her front to her back. She also stays happiest the longest during tummy time. She lies there with her hands in front of her, like a Sphinx coolly appraising her little brothers as they whimper and struggle. You can almost hear her. "Come on guys. It's not that hard."


So that's Lucy. Stay tuned for the boys.

7 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Oh, that is precious. That's right Lucy...you tell those boys. Can't wait to see you and hold you! You're doing a great job mommy and daddy!

Rosalee said...

She is beautiful! I'm excited to get to know your triplets this way! I admire you so much and I think about you often.

Lindsay said...

When Garrett saw me open up this post, he said, "It's Wucy!" I guess even he can recognize those darling cheeks anywhere. :)

vdg family said...

What a sweetie. By the way, I love your blog.

Emiweelee said...

I think she is really adorable!! Love ya!

Disco Mom said...

Wonderful! It's so nice to meet and greet each one on their own since we aren't ever around you. You will be so glad for this record-keeping since no way will you remember anything. I have one at a time and I can't keep anything straight about anyone.

Unknown said...

Hi there,
I came across your adorable blog and photos...the tummy time photo would be a great entry in Pathways Awareness' Holiday Tummy Time Baby Photo Contest.

Three winners each receive a certificate, a $20 Starbucks gift card, and a photo mug with which to display their favorite photo.

For more details and to enter, visit: http://wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests/79944?ogn=facebook

Happy Holidays!