Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Two Months

Can you believe it?

So what have we been up to?

Some of this.


Eddie

Not enough of this.


Charles

And mostly feeling like doing this.

Lucy

We've had a lot of help.


Super Pumpa

Aunt Amy

The Beautiful Soletas

And sometimes it's just me.


We've even managed to get out of the house.


Aren't we the happy family? (Notice the babies are quiet.)



But don't let the smiles fool you. Most days end with us wanting to do this. Is she sleeping or screaming?

Megan, Adam's little sister. What a trooper!

The babies are all chunking up nicely, especially Lucy. They are still eating every three hours and they sleep a lot, though they tend to wake up during naps way too much. It can be rather maddening, playing the binky game.

Lucy has pretty bad reflux and is on a modified formula as well as medicine. And she recently developed thrush, which we're afraid she may have passed to Eddie. So the poor thing gets medicine four times a day. But they're all thriving and for that we're grateful. Charlie is the best eater and sleeper. Eddie is totally caught up with feedings and they all get 4 ounces each time. Best of all, we've started getting smiles out of Lucy and Charles. Since they're 8 1/2 weeks, I figure they're only a few weeks "behind." Tomorrow is their doctor appointment (shots!) so we'll post their stats later. Wish us luck!

13 comments:

Sarah said...

4 oz each time is great! That's what Grace eats and she is huge. Loved the update and the pictures. My family often asks how you are doing. I've told them all about you, and how you are my total hero. So many blessings in heaven stored up for you two!

Rosalee said...

They are precious! And you are amazing! I think of you often. And I agree with Sarah, many, many blessings are being stored up for you in heaven!

Brad and Erica said...

Congrats on making it two months! I know they are a lot of work, but you have some BEAUTIFUL kids! I am so glad that they have started smiling too; now things will start to be more fun.

Johnson Family said...

Emily, you are so beautiful. You might laugh at me, but it radiates from you. You are a good mom, you guys are great parents, and someday...yes someday, you will look back on all these experiences and laugh! I promise. I would so be there in a heartbeat if I could to help. You have beautiful children and a handsome hubby and many other wonderful blessings. We look forward to seeing you at Christmas. We love you!!!

Angelavon said...

What a BEAUTIFUL family! ...and Emily is already so skinny...you don't look like you just birthed triplets lucky girl!

Annie said...

This is just amazing! And you look great! I wish you all the best at the doctor.

Marsie Pants said...

Every time I see your blog I think: "Holy crap!" I have to show it to everyone I know because you're totally incredible. I think about you all the time and wonder how you're doing. So glad to see you're all healthy and strong and surviving! Miss you!

GR82BAMOM said...

You seriously put me to shame, Emily. I can barely handle Liam. You are doing a wonderful job! Can't wait to see you guys again and finally meet your beautiful triplets. We just have to make sure we are all nice and healthy before we go visit you!

Joshua said...

Great catch up.

vdg family said...

Yay Emily! Again, a rousing chorus of "Hail the Conquering Hero" should play in your head every minute of the day!

Scott and Katy Adams said...

Amen to all the above! :)

the jensen's said...

Two months!! You are a champ. And Adam too, of course. :) I love the picture of all of you on the couch! What an awesome little (or should I say big?) family!

Disco Mom said...

Emily,this astounds me and warms my heart. Way to do it all. Love the family pictures and love seeing the Soletas, who practically look like triplets themselves, holding the babies. Does Lucy have reddish hair? Do they look alike, or is it too early to tell? Love catching up,
Kari