Monday, November 22, 2010

Did She Really Just Say That?


"It's mine! I share with me."

"I need attention!"


An exchange:

"Who do you want to give you your bath? Mommy or Daddy?
Daddy!

Why not mommy?
You burn it!
I burn it?
Yeah. You burn the bath."

Another exchange:
"How was nursery?
Good.
What did you do?
I play, sing songs, eat fishes and crackers
.
Who was there? Were your friends there?
Yeah! Garrett and Tommy and London and London was crying and Tommy was crying and . . .
Were you crying?

No. I'm happy."

As we are eating dinner, we hear Adam arriving home from work.
To me: "Daddy's home!"
Shouting over her shoulder: "Daddy! Wash your hands!!"
Ever since the Swine Flu scare, I'm always reminding him to wash his hands after he's ridden on the subway.

"Elizabeth," I say as I sit on the floor, "let's clean up these toys." I start to sing the clean-up song.
"Okay," she says, climbing onto the couch. "I watch."

I'm having a rough day and I've burst into tears.
"Mommy! It's okay! Be happy!"

7 comments:

Dawn said...

I absolutely LOVE her and the way you capture what she says! She must keep you laughing through everything...and I can't wait to hear what her little sister and brothers come up with once they're verbal! :) It was great to talk to you today, Emily, and I'm glad to see and hear that you are all doing to well. Keep up the great work!!!

Carline said...

She is adorable. These comments made me laugh and made my morning. Children say the cutest things

Whitney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whitney said...

One time I had a really bad day with Blake and I just couldn't take it anymore. I laid him in his crib praying he would just take a nap, but of course he opted to just scream at me. I put the side of the crib down so I could lay my head beside his and I just started crying. He stopped crying and reached over and stroked my face as if to say, "I'm sorry for being so fussy today, Mommy. I can see it's really taking a toll on you." Probably one of my favorite memories.

I like the one where Elizabeth says she'll watch you clean up. Hahahha hilarious!

GR82BAMOM said...

So cute!! "I watch..." Hilarious! Liam always says he wants to live again in his old apartment because "Brooklyn is not broken. It's already fixed. This house is broken." You guys are doing an excellent job!! Keep up the good work!!

Lindsay said...

She's a hoot!

(Also, I'm pleased to see that, given his current track record, Garrett wasn't mentioned in the "crying in nursery" list.)

the jensen's said...

This is too much!! Hilarious! I am still so amazed at all she can say. Now if London would just stop crying and listen to Elizabeth, she might learn a thing or two!