Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Turkey

Thanksgiving this year found us once again in Laurel, MD at my aunt and uncle's house. The drive down was a dream. No traffic and no crying. Woohoo!

As you can see, the triplets are getting big.



Elizabeth giving a sense of scale.



They were so big, in fact, that they couldn't sleep side by side in the portacrib.



It was wonderful to have so many helping hands.


Hannah, Adam's sister who is staying with us for a while, was gracious enough to come with us and help out. First and foremost amongst her duties was passing on her legendary Guitar Hero skills. It is the stuff of legend.


She also accompanied me on my first ever Black Friday Crack-o-Dawn Shopping Excursion. There were a few door busters I'd had my eye on and so, after the 3 AM feeding, we threw on some clothes and jumped in the van and made our way to Target. After scoring our new camera for half the price, we went to the nearby mega mall, Arundel Mills.


This place is a mile around and can be seen from space! Okay, so maybe not from space, but definitely from the secret spy cameras in the unmarked helicopters that fly over my uncle's work. (the NSA.) Here is photographic proof that this mall is a BEAST:



And Hannah and I tamed that beast. Oh yes we did. We didn't quit until 11 AM. That's seven straight hours of shopping. By the end of it, my feet were sore, my mind was numb, and I found myself wandering lost and alone in the back of an Old Navy carrying a blouse that I didn't even like to the dressing room. Time to go home. But the savings were insane. I bought stuff from stores I would never be able to afford otherwise. Like the super-cute shirt from Esprit that was originally $80 that I got for $14!!! I've decided the crowds are worth it and that from now on I will be doing ALL my clothes shopping on Black Friday.

Of course, no trip out of NYC would be complete w/out going to see the latest blockbuster. This time it was the much-anticipated Harry Potter 7.0



One word: AWESOME.

The weekend had to end sometime and Sunday found me pretty heavyhearted. Back to Brooklyn. Back to reality. The drive home was almost twice as long and full of babies crying inconsolably. But we made it home in one piece (except my sanity which has been spotty at best lately.) And that was our Thanksgiving! Who's ready for Christmas?

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Seriously wow!! That's all I can come up with whenever I read your blog. I love the picture of the three babies in the crib. That's just so cute. And Elizabeth with the triplets, she doesn't look that much bigger than them! I can't believe you went shopping at 3am! I'm glad it was a good weekend. I still need to go see Harry Potter. Remember when the first one came out?...

Johnson Family said...

Christmas will be great! Lots of hands and arms and things to do! I'm glad you and Hannah had a chance to get out and do some girl shopping. You're babies are beautiful and healthy and I can't wait to hold them. See you guys in two weeks and three days!