Friday, August 21, 2009

Note to Self

Take more pictures.


Two weeks ago, Adam's little sister came to visit. She stayed for a week and a half and we all had a lot of fun. But the August heat and humidity has fried my circuits and I place all the blame for forgetting to take more pictures on that.

We tried to do one thing a day, which was a great pace for me and Elizabeth. This is us walking the Brooklyn Bridge.

Saturday, all four of us went to Coney Island, the ashtray of New York. While Elizabeth contemplated eternity, Adam picked nails, shards of glass, and cigarette butts out of the sand.

Kim was a great guest. She gladly babysat whenever we asked; she helped with meals and clean-up; and she was amazingly non-whiny for a teenager. I think we all miss her now that she's gone. Especially Elizabeth. But hopefully this will be the first of many visits to the Big City.

On a side note: while Kim was here, we got to endlessly discuss the Twilight series. I had just finished re-reading Eclipse when we arrived at her house, to drop her off at the end of her visit. When we walked into Kim's room, where she always generously lets us stay when we're up there, I was confronted by wall to wall pictures of Edward, Bella, and this guy:

It was a little trippy. If you've read the books, you know how all-consuming they can be. Even on subsequent readings. Then I saw the poster (not this one) of the actor who plays Jacob Black. (I'm totally on Team Jacob.) Holy Hannah (Montana.) Is he only 17 years old? Yes, yes he is. Am I embarrassed to admit that I couldn't stop staring ALL WEEKEND LONG? Yes, yes I am. If only I'd been born in '91 instead of '81. I might have met him at a high school football game b/c, that's right! He went to Valencia High School. What! Oh yeah. I'm almost famous. And we would totally have beat them at said football game. Go Hart! Okay, maybe I spent a little too much time with Kim . . .

2 comments:

Frau Magister said...

Go Team Jacob!

Rosalee said...

Just found your blog! Love it! Ooh, and I love Maclaren strollers. We have 2. We bought the second one today - it's a twin stroller - not that we need it yet. Anyway, random, I know. Hope everything is going well!