Monday, August 24, 2009

The Man I Married

It's been three years since Adam and I were married. It's hard to believe so much has happened in so short a time. We've had 7 jobs, lived in 3 apartments, moved 2 times, and had 1 baby. And we've traveled from one side of the country to the other. Through it all, Adam has never wavered in his love, devotion, or faith in me and the Lord. Though we've had our ups and downs, I count myself lucky to be married to such a wonderful man.

Adam loves music. One of the first of many gifts he's given me was a CD he mixed of his current favorite songs. (They change all the time.) He's introduced me to so many artists I now love. And he's taken me to more concerts in the four years I've known him, than I'd been to in all my years previous. Here's us on one of our first dates: The Aquabats.


My fondest "rock show" memory, though, was the first ever at a small juice bar in Provo where we saw a friend of his in a local band, The Handsome. I started feeling under the weather in the way only a woman can, and, much to my mortification, had to tell him I needed to go buy some Ibuprofen or I'd die. He wasn't grossed out; he didn't even flinch. He just walked me to the nearby Albertson's, paid for my medicine and a Coke, and sat with my on the curb while I waited for the pain to go away. I felt so comfortable with him. It was so refreshing.

The following Spring, after a brief but important hiatus, Adam proposed to me. He enlisted the help of half a dozen of his friends to put together one of the most romantic nights of my life. His roommate blindfolded me and drove me up to this:


where I found Adam and this waiting for me.


I said yes.

We sent out announcements. I planned and stressed and shopped. We planted some flowers.

And then we were married.


August 24, 2006. Mt. Timpanogos Temple.

And our life as husband and wife began.

Happy Anniversary, Sweet Pea.

7 comments:

Marsie Pants said...

Awww...sweet!

vdg family said...

I love this! What great photos. It looks like a doorway into your lives. :D

Proud GMa and Mother-in-law said...

I think he's a keeper!

Annie said...

Oh, I loved this!! Happy Anniversary!!

Rutkowski said...

I totally know exactly where he proposed. Natasha and I took the pics for our wedding invitations there.

Lindsay said...

I'm late to the game, I know, but happy anniversary you two! We really are so lucky to know you both. Thank you for EVERYTHING you've done to help us recently!

the jensen's said...

I didn't know you guys got married at Timpanogos! Us too! Only beat you by a few months...May 12.