Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas Traditions

Christmas Eve, we revived the old Davis tradition of reenacting the Nativity.

Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus, swaddled in an IKEA blanket. I believe Adam grew his beard just for this.

Christmas morning, we start with the stockings, with gifts overflowing onto the floor.

Stocking gifts usually consist of toiletries (I never have to buy a toothbrush), specialty food items (cheese, chocolate, olives, etc.) and of course, an orange.

Baby Cousin Elizabeth, as she was known, with her first stocking stuffer.

Isaac helping Uncle Doug unwrap his gift (probably a toothbrush.) Isaac helped everyone open their gifts.

Including Mumpa (Grandpa.)

Christmas wouldn't be complete without BJ's sometime girlfriend, Nina. She really just comes so she can have a Hannakuh and a Christmas ;)

Then, after a breakfast of German Oven Pancakes, we move to the tree to open the family gifts. I think if you zoom in enough, you can see an ornament of me in elementary school.

The gift-giving extravaganza goes on well into the afternoon. It drives Adam nuts. But he put on a good face this year.


Here's our little elf wearing Santa Snoopy's hat that's probably as old as I am.


3 comments:

Marsie Pants said...

She's still beautiful! Well done, Em!

Erika Hill said...

Brent tried to grow a beard, but in the end, if he had wanted to be any kind of authentic for a nativity play, he would've had to resort to his sometime ago solution: eyeliner.

Yay for the holidays!

Melanie said...

Wow, I don't know how I missed the CA posts. I'm completely jealous that you got to go to In N' Out. Your baby is so cute (even with the beard)!! I love her little Christmas outfit and hat.