Friday, February 8, 2008

Eternal reminders



I love this exhibit work by Rankin of 'eyescapes'. They instantly call to mind vast galaxies and endless space; to me an everyday reminder that we are eternal. Such beautiful variety and exquisite detail, reminds us of the supreme creator.


In a fresh air interview on npr Jack White from the White Stripes s
aid this when asked about religion: "I appreciate it, I like looking at life through it. I like being in touch with God. I think that's sort of important. I think when you're a creative person in any kind of art form, once you finally admit to yourself that you can't create like God creates, it humbles you, and then you can be free to explore the beauty of that creativity. When you look at it with God in the picture as well it sort of frees you up."

When asked about his talent: "I see it as an Opportunity. What you do with it is out of respect for those who came before, and God who came before everybody. Look at the creation of the world or the universe . . . anything a human being can create seems to pale in comparison. It feels like out of respect you have to be humble."


No comments: