Sunday, November 22, 2009

City Lights

Saturday was a great day! In the morning, I was invited by my wonderful visiting teacher to brunch at her apartment. Sadly, all of the other v-teachees were unable to attend, but that just meant more crepes with Nutella for yours truly. But seriously we had a great time. Best VT visit ever!

In the afternoon, we went up to Manhattan to see the Canstruction exhibit at the World Financial Center. I'd never been to this particular part of Downtown, but I'm glad we went. To get there, you walk right by the World Trade Center site, which is always sobering. Then you come to three gigantic square buildings with pyramid-shaped roofs. This is the Financial Center. In the middle is the Winter Garden, a huge open area with amphitheater steps leading down to palm trees and floor to ceiling windows overlooking the docks on the Hudson. It was something else. The can sculptures were made to benefit some food drive thing and we accordingly dropped our two cans of tuna into the bins.

My favorite dessert!

Elizabeth liked this one. Do you love how big Adam's hair is? Don't worry, we cut it later that night.

Views from outside:
Adam took this one.

Looking towards New Jersey

There's something about city lights at night that just make me feel happy. After we got home, we had dinner, put Elizabeth down for the night, then cuddled up and watched Pixar's "Up" for the first time and absolutely loved it. All in all, a great weekend!

2 comments:

cherry said...

Em, i agree with you there's someething about city lights at night...it also makes me feel happy, we used to drive around Manhattan at night passing over brooklyn and Manhattan bridge...the lights are beautiful....i can relate to you..and my favorite desert is E..she's just too cute!!

Melanie said...

How fun! The city looks so beautiful. That's my favorite dessert too. Remember when you took a picture of me eating pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving like 8 years ago and then I took a picture of you looking at me like I was completely lame (and then we reenacted it with hamburgers at Red Robin on your birthday - ah the memories)? So classic. Hope you guys have a great holiday. And I'm digging the facial hair Adam.