Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Repenting

Adam made this last night and left it on the desktop for me to see this morning. I hadn't really given my "coveting" list that much thought. (Find the original post here.) But little by little, through hand-me-downs, improvisations, and then a generous anniversary gift, we've acquired almost all of them. What touched me, though, was that Adam had payed so much attention to my wishes. I knew he was bugged by the post (which was, I admit, whiny.) But seeing this made me realize how much he cares about me, even in all my whiny-ness. I guess I don't understand as much as I should how important being a good provider is to men.

So I want to publicly thank Adam for the wonderful digital piano and for working so hard to not only make sure I have the things I need, but also for trying so hard to get me the things I want.


Thank you, Adam!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh yay! You have a piano! That is so awesome!

Marsie Pants said...

Aw. What a sweet husband.

Kelly said...

i want to hear you play!

you know what's number 1 on my covet list? good husbands! :D

Melanie said...

Love it! That piano is so cool! You guys have so much style. I'm amazed at how much you've been able to acquire. Adam is so thoughtful to think of all those extras that you've been wanting. Sweet husband. And I loved the coveting post. I didn't think it was whiny at all - but maybe that's because I'm whiny too :)

vdg family said...

Yay! I hope to hear you play too! You are one of the most un-whiny people I know.

GR82BAMOM said...

You guys are all super young and have your whole lives ahead of you. Of course you will all have your wonderful house that I will then covet. ;)

I love the pics, especially the one at the piano. For a split second I forgot that you guys have a fireplace. That is so cool that you set up the piano right in front of it. Nice!!

Also, we have heard Kelly and MVDG play the piano beautifully. Next, I would really love to hear Emily and Lindsay play! Duets?

Joshua said...

Putting the keyboard in front of the fireplace fooled me. I thought you got some awesome old piano...then you mentioned digital and I had to re-evaluate and re-scrutinize the photo.