Sunday, July 12, 2009

When You're Having Fun

Whoops. Sorry it's been so long. I kept thinking I'd post once something significant happened. I guess life is what's been happening while I've been waiting. So here's what we've been up to:

Adam baptized Michael, a referral from his LDS cousins in Canada.


Elizabeth went on her first beach trip. She hated the ocean but loved eating sand.


She also reached new heights of popularity on our block. People I don't even know will say, "Hi, Elizabeth" as they walk by. This is Elias, her newest friend:


We learned that Elizabeth goes cuckoo for coco puffs whenever a dog is near. This picture does not begin to portray the shrieking, clapping, arm-flailing mania that overtakes Elizabeth at the approach of a furry friend. Good thing the next-door neighbors have 4+ in their house and more that come to visit.

Elizabeth mastered crawling.


Adam worked tons of overtime for a deadline and I was a major stress case as Girls' Camp approached. But now that both are over, we've been able to enjoy some family time.

At Central Park.

We partied at the first block party of Summer '09. I didn't bring out my camera until after NYFD had come and shut off the fire hydrant, so I didn't get any cool pictures. But we had a wonderful time. We bbq'd lamb shish-kabobs, Elizabeth was passed from neighbor to neighbor, and Adam even got to play some street ball.



It's been a busy four weeks. Time is flying so fast. I can't believe Elizabeth will be nine months in a week. I think that's what she's thinking here:

"Where did the time go?"

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Very cool--our block parties are never like that! (More like, "please pass the potato salad" mingled with awkward conversation)

Proud Gma said...

OK, these pics are good, but where are the pics of Littybit's fabulous wading pool?

the jensen's said...

I love Elizabeth! ~ Love, London

Joshua said...

I most thoroughly enjoyed this post!

Erika Hill said...

Were you the camp director? I just got back from camp a few weeks ago, and year, in the week or so leading up to it I was really stressed out. All went well though. Glad you guys are doing great!